Bloggers are being forced to comply with a recent FTC ruling over bloggers getting paid or “gifted” to write stuff, I offer the following disclosure policy.
If you’re reading this blog, the following assumptions are correct:
• I would love to make money from every blog post I put up on this site, but that is not likely. If I should make money from a blog post, then it was something unusual and made me smile.
• Every link on this blog is a paid link. If it is not a paid link, then it was an oversight on my part and it will become a paid link soon.
• Every specific product that I review on this blog, I may get for free. If I did get it for free, then there will be disclaimer at the start of the post noting the “Freebie Alert.”
• I would love to make money from every tweet I send out on Twitter. If I should make money on the tweet, then it was a fluke.
• If you email me, all of the information in your email is mine to do with as I please, such as exploit for financial profit, use as blackmail, or quote on my blog.
• If something on the Net is making a lot of money, you can bet I will be in on it. If I’m not in on it, then it was an oversight on my part and it will be corrected soon.
• Just because I blog does NOT mean I will give you or your company a positive review, blog post or endorsement. As a matter of fact, chances are pretty high that I might slam you.
Hopefully, the above statement clears up any misunderstanding you may have about my blog posts or Twitter tweets. If you have any questions, you can contact me. Just remember what I said about emails.